Wednesday, November 18, 2015

DIZZY

 You can't really plan the way your life is going to go. About two months ago I felt faint. Then it was constant dizziness. Long story short after two trips to the emergency room, lots of doctors and tests it has been determined I have Atrial Fibrillation. My heart's natural pace maker is all over the place ( racing up to the mid 200s and as low as 32 ) The first cardiologist I saw was talking about a pace maker which was not at all something I wanted. But now my new guy is taking about doing  CryoAblation.  While I'm not crazy about a catheter with a balloon freezing a scar into a portion of my heart to stop the crazy fast beatings, I am grateful for modern medicine and am glad that I am able to get the treatment. A light at the end of the dizzy tunnel when I get the operation. What has all this got to do with beadwork? Well you haven't heard from me in awhile because the dizziness has had me working at a snails pace. This dressed horses order was already a challenge because of the unusual garb they wear, then you add on the super crappy way I've been feeling and this project could have been a bust. But I think it's turning out okay. I still have two more horses to do on the side panels but I think I've got them figured out. One thing about doing beadwork for the past 40 years is that you always remember specific events by what piece you were working on at the time. Somehow these wildly dressed horses seem appropriate for this time when my heart is beating wildly.

11 comments:

  1. As is all your work, this is a beautiful piece. I certainly hope all goes well and you are back to "beating" the beads!!! Do take care...good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love, prayers and best wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phenomenal, as always, Kate. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, hoping the treatment goes extra well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate I'm curious, where is this handbag going? All the detail in this design just blows my mind, you are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Char,This is another order going to Milan Italy. I think that vintage old style pink is such a great color, really makes the background. Hope you and your grandson have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. I am new to your beadwork but I am in aweee...I totally love what I see. Thank you for sharing. I also was interested in your book called "Blue Bead". Do you have it available at this time? LLM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just send me your mailing address and $4.00 for shipping. Kate Boyan Box 1578 Homer,AK 99603 Nice to meet you Laura!

      Delete
  6. Whomever the person is who ordered this bag is going to be over the moon!! What a delightful design, done magnificently even tho' you were under the weather!! Best wishes for return to good health....and more bags!! Jeanne Evans

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful piece, and it has such a joyful feel that I never would have guessed that you were not feeling well when you created it! I'm glad to hear that you have treatment options available, and I hope they help you to heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium pages of your blog or website?
    Simply open an account with Mgcash and use their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete