Tuesday, December 9, 2014

FINALLY IN THE MAIL!

I rarely cut it this close on orders but these darn leopards were just taking longer than I thought they would. All those little spots and intricate detail had me working late every night!  But the bag is in the mail and I met my Christmas deadline, whew. At one point I had to take some beadwork out on this piece. In the floral border I used some red in the flowers and it was really bugging me. I could have left it but I didn't think it went with the rest of flowers, so now the red is gone. It's tricky taking beadwork out and I try to avoid it, but sometimes you just have to because your vision for the finished piece is more important than a couple of extra hours. Hopefully all the angst and worrying I did over this one will pay off and it will be just what my patron had in mind.
     She wanted leopard parents on the front and cubs on sides. This is what I came up with...


5 comments:

  1. It's a fantastic piece!!! Workmanship is amazing as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robbie! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous piece. How can you ever part with your art!!
    Merry Christmas
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate, you always leave me speechless. You are truely an amazing beader, there is just no one better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you can make cash by locking selected pages of your blog or site?
    All you need to do is to open an account with CPALead and run their Content Locking tool.

    ReplyDelete